The 84th Academy Award nominations were announced earlier this morning and “Midnight in Paris” received 4 nominations. The Woody Allen directed movie is nominated for Art Direction (Anne Seibel and Hélène Dubreuil), Best Director (Woody Allen), Best Picture (Producers: Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum) and Best Original Screenplay (Woody Allen).
The critical acclaimed movie recently won Best Screenplay during the Golden Globes. Let’s hope Rachel will make an attendance during the ceremony February 26th! Congratulations to the cast and crew for the nominations!
Update: Deadline published and article with all the reactions to the Oscar nominations producer Letty Aronson and production designer Anne Seibel gave a reaction for the “Midnight in Paris” nominations.
“We are clearly the underdog. We don’t usually get nominated. I remember I was surprised when I first saw the script. I couldn’t imagine that we’d have more than a niche audience for this movie because, you know, who even thinks about Gertrude Stein anymore or who knows Man Ray, or cares? So it was amazing to me when it actually came to life that people did care and enjoyed it and identify with the concept of appreciating or wanting or longing something different in their lives, or thinking it would be better someplace else or with somebody else or in a different time.”
-Letty Aronson, producer
• The release of “The Vow” is only a month away. The promotion kicked off with Rachel gracing the cover of Glamour and earlier this week a brand new video was released of Rachel and her co-star Channing Tatum introducing the Latin American trailer of the movie. We added the video in our media archive.
• The Film Music Reporter reported that Dario Marianelli will score the “Passion” from director Brian De Palma. They confirmed the news with SBS Productions who are producing the movie. Rachel will co-star with Noomi Rapace as we previous reported. Marianelli already composed for Atonement, Pride and Prejudice and V for Vendetta.
SBS Productions has confirmed to Film Music Reporter that Dario Marianelli is set to score Brian De Palma’s upcoming drama Passion. The movie starring Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace is a remake of the French psychodrama Love Crime (Crime d’amour)
• The Hollywood Reporter recently released a new interview with “Midnight in Paris” director Woody Allen about the story behind the movie. He also talked a bit about Rachel:
For Gil’s difficult and demanding fiancee, Inez, Allen says he had Rachel McAdams in mind as he was writing. And when he pitched her the part, he told her, “It would be much more interesting for you to play this kind of character. You don’t want to go your whole life playing these beautiful girls. You want to play some bitchy parts. It’s much more interesting for you.”
• “Midnight in Paris” continues receiving award nods. BAFTA recently announced their long list and the movie is nominated in 13 categories for now including Best Film, Best Director and Best Leading Actor (Owen Wilson). Congrats to the cast and crew!
• “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” is still in theaters with an estimated $157,415,000 (taking 3th place in this week’s box office) domestic and $263,415,000 so far world wide.
We would like to remind you that “Midnight in Paris” is released on DVD, Blu-Ray and On Demand today (December 20). You can order it on Amazon.com, a perfect gift for Christmas! The special features are Midnight in Cannes and Photo Gallery (Only on Blu-Ray). “Midnight in Paris” is Woody Allen’s highest grossing film ever. We already have the blu-ray captures in our gallery.
We would also like to congratulate the cast and crew of “Midnight in Paris because the movie got nominate for four Golden Globes! The categories are: Best Director – Motion Picture (Woody Allen), Best Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical (Owen Wilson) and Best Screenplay – Motion Picture (Woody Allen).
Since we there are a few press high lights from this week we decided to make a round-up in one update.
• Entertainment Tonight aired a special on “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” including a look back with the cast members of the first movie were they released unseen footage of their set visit to the first “Sherlock Holmes” be sure to watch the special with new on set interview footage with Rachel in our media archive. The special of the first film can still be watched in our media archive as well.
• The award season has started and the first nominations for “Midnight in Paris” were announced. Rachel already received a Satellite Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress. AFI announced their top ten films of this year and “Midnight in Paris” was one of them.
• The Broadcast Film Critics Association has announced its nominees for the 17th annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards “Midnight in Paris” is nominated for Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay, Best Comedy. The awards will be given out 12 January, 2012.
• The 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were announced earlier today and “Midnight in Paris” is nominated for Outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture. The awards will be given out January 29, 2012 Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Midnight in Paris” for the nominations so far!
Press Academy revealed the Satellite Awards nomination for 2011 and Rachel is nominated for Best supporting actress for her role in “Midnight in Paris“, other nominated actresses include Kate Winslet (Carnage), Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life) and Octavia Spencer (The Help). Woody Allen is nominated for Best Director for the movie and the movie itself is also nominated for best motion picture.
Entertainment Tonight released a preview of their special on “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” which aired last night. The preview gives us a glimpse with behind the scenes footage of the kiss between Irene and Sherlock. We added the video in our media archive.
“Midnight in Paris” is expanding again this weekend. Be sure to find out a theatre new year on the official website of the movie if you haven’t seen it or if you want to see it again.
We can nominate Rachel for the People’s Choice Awards 2012 by voting online via peopleschoice.com. The top 5 actresses with the most votes will officially be nominated for the award. Be sure to vote for Rachel over here, you have to pick 4 other actresses as well since you have to vote for your own top 5. “Midnight in Paris” can be nominated for Best Comedy Movie so be sure to vote for “Midnight in Paris” as well.
We want to remind you that “Midnight in Paris” is going wide again starting today. The movie released May 20th in limited theaters, went wide after a few weeks, went back to selected theaters and now Sony Classics announced the movie will go wide again this weekend.
Be sure to catch it if you haven’t, or go again and take your friends. Find all the theaters on the official website.