We have a real treat for you today. We have added some additional coverage of a TV appearance Rachel to promote “Morning Glory” alongside co-star Patrick Wilson back in 2011. We recently came across the full interview which we weren’t able to track down until now. The video has been added in our video archive. The quality isn’t great, but you can still enjoy the fun interview. We also added some unseen stills of Rachel & Patrick’s appearance which can be found in our gallery.
News is coming in slowly the past few week(s) since Rachel is done with the promo for “Midnight in Paris” and no official confirmation so far on any possible projects. We do however have some latest news bits for you.
• We came across a brand new on set photo from “The Vow”. (via Fanforum) Rachel’s co-star Dillon Casey posted it on his official twitter account. Rachel is posing with her co-stars Channing Tatum, Sam Neill, Dillon Casey and Jessica McNamee. You can find the preview below and be sure to watch it in our gallery.
• We also came across a brand new outtake from Rachel’s promotional shoot for “Morning Glory”. She looks absolutely stunning, again the preview can be found below and the full outtake in our gallery.
• We reported earlier Rachel is one of the actresses who was testing for the lead in “The Silver Linings Playbook” with director David O Russell and starring Mark Wahlberg as male lead. Today Deadline is reporting that actress Jennifer Lawrence is the front runner for the role which means, if the news is true, Rachel will not be in the movie. Keep in mind nothing is confirmed (yet).
We added the magazine scans of Rachel in the French Première in our gallery, thanks to Camillou. She spoke to the magazine while she was in Paris to promote “Morning Glory“. We tried to translate the interview into english, but since I use my ‘high-school French’ it’s not perfect and loosely translated but it’s a really nice interview and definitely worth the read. She explains the career choices the makes and wants to make, and finding the balance between work and her personal life.
You travel a lot, you are popular, respected in the industry, featured in a big movie like Morning Glory but haven’t become a complete celebrity. Do you think it’s better like that?
It’s hard to find a balance. You have to be present in a effective way, so the public wants to go and see your movies when they come out. You have to create the desire but not extend it so people will get tired of you … It’s really difficult to become an actor who can make a living for themselves by acting. I never wanted to be famous, I never seek for the attention, the public loves the glitter and glamor. In the past, an actor could be successful while maintaining a private life.
This is happening for you, right?
Yes, but for that I force myself not to be socially involved in Hollywood, if I did so I would probably have more work then I wanted. Because if you disappear for a long time from the radar, you get off the radar completely … It’s the balance I mentioned before that I am trying to achieve. And if that means you will never become a actor like Nicole Kidman or Julia Robers I am fine with that. It’s the career that suits me more. I want my privacy.
Read full interview
We continue (Part 1) our “Morning Glory” Media Archive additions with new interviews we added recently of Rachel promoting the movie in New York (November 2010), Madrid and Paris (January 2011). With all the promotion it was kind of hard to keep up with all of it, if you still find missing interviews drop us a line.
We did not expected to do another latest news round-up so soon after our previous one but we have little bits and pieces to share with you after our last update.
• Since “Midnight in Paris” is opening film for Cannes 2011 and the Film Festival is coming closer it’s getting a lot of buzz and name dropping for the cast, which is a good sign of course. The festival held a press conference yesterday to reveal the official competition selection, according to the press kit “Midnight in Paris” is out of the competition so it’s only premiering at the festival. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the Opening of the festival will bring us a Midnight madness on the Croisette to kick off the festivities. Rachel, Owen Wilson, Carla Bruni, Marion Cotillard, and Adrien Brody are expected to attend.
• “Morning Glory” is still opening world wide and opened in France last week. The movie entered the French box office at number #6 this week. The movie itself does pretty good in the box office and already made $26,564,667 outside the US. It’s already available for the US on DVD since early March.
• We reported before Rachel is not listed in the official cast of the upcoming theater project “The Passion” and we said it’s not most likely she will make an appearance like according to local rumors she would. But she was seen during rehearsals yesterday and today and
according to a tweeter she will be in the production. Apparently we misinterpreted the tweet, Rachel only showed up to rehearsals to watch and support Michael Sheen. Read our original post for more information about the project. The event is held in Port Talbot (Wales) during the easter weekend.